April 22nd Willington Rhythm X County Durham, England
June 3rd Mid Lancs Rhythm X Coppull. Lancashire, England
August 12th Ghost Riders Rhythm RX Crewe, Cheshire. England
(Oct 1st,TBC) UK Rhythm X Championship, Manchester, England
What is Rhythm X?
· That’s a great question! Rhythm X is the Four Man Boarder X you know and love but on a BMX track.
· A Rhythm X event takes place over 1 day.
· The Rhythm X event vibe is similar to a freestyle jam. Once we work out who’s going home with a custom made trophy, there will be fun races and challenges.
Why is Rhythm X?
· Another great, although weirdly worded question!
· All across this great country there are BMX tracks built to a standard that at present we can only dream of.
· Some of these tracks can be ridden by any rider who can generate and keep their speed through the use of features.
· The tracks are wide and the berms are static tarmac waves of racing goodness.
· In terms of possible overtaking manoeuvres, Rhythm X is NASCAR, Boarder X is F1.
What skills do I need?
· A race face that has power equal to or exceeding Blue Steel.
· Know how to generate speed on features such as rollers, table tops and berms. After the start gate roll in there is no more gravity assist, it’s all you! (if you smoke 20 a day, Rhythm X might not be for you)
What is the Format?
· A Rhythm X event is a one day event, racing starts at 12pm (Manchester 2pm)
· The formal races are four man, everyone will get four qualifying races before the knockouts.*
· We all race together with the exception of groms, positions in relation to sex and age categories will be worked out by the most successful rider in an a category taking 1st place for that category.
· After we have found our champion, we proceed to race for fun until we are all pooped*.
· *small print we may test other systems on the day and Manchester is a two hour event
This is a new format that may be subject to change, because the purpose of these events is to have a great time with as many of your riding pals as possible, we have made the decision to offer Free Entry to the outdoor events.